Quartz countertops and other types of stone countertops are about as beautiful as countertops can be. They have magnificent colors and patterns, they are durable, and look elegant too. That said, just like any other surface, especially in a kitchen, your quartz countertop is going to get dirty and dull.
Therefore, it needs to be cleaned, and preferably polished too. Finding a good stone counter cleaner can be hard, but that’s what we are here for today. Let’s get right to it and help you find the best cleaner for quartz countertops on the market at this time.
Overall #1 Rated Pick
Our overall number one rated pick for the cleaner for quartz countertops has to be Supreme Surface Daily Stone Cleaner Combo Kit, which is true for a variety of reasons.
- This cleaner is ideal for quartz, marble, and granite.
- This particular product is pH neutral, free of ammonia, free of phosphates, and free of any other chemicals which may damage a quartz countertop.
- This product is also biodegradable and eco friendly
- The cleaner itself is strong enough to remove most deposits but hard water deposits and mineral buildups.
- Here you also get a bottle of stone polish to leave your quartz countertop shiny, glossy, and streak free.
- This polish also helps provide your stone countertops with long term protection.
- With the Supreme Surface Daily Stone Cleaner Combo Kit, you also get a microfiber polishing towel included.
Cleaner for Quartz Countertops – Buyer’s Guide
Before you go out and buy just any quartz countertops cleaner, there are a few things which you should be aware of.
How to Clean Quartz Countertops
Cleaning quartz countertops is not overly difficult, but it does need to be done right. Do it wrong, and not only will the countertop not be clean, but you may damage it as well. Here is the right way to clean a quartz counter. The best way to clean a quartz countertop is to be firm yet gentle!
- Use some warm water and non-chemical dish soap to do some preliminary cleaning. Use a microfiber cloth or a ceramic cooktop sponge to remove as much residue as possible.
- Take some paper towel and wipe the countertop dry.
- Now it is time to apply your quartz countertop cleaner of choice, and of course, we would recommend any one of the products which we have reviewed here today.
- Each product will have slightly different instructions, but for the most part this involves applying the liquid and rubbing it around with something like a microfiber towel.
How to Sanitize Quartz Countertops
Using warm water, soap, and a quartz countertop cleaner on a daily basis is the best way to sanitize these countertops. You might wonder, “how do I disinfect quartz countertops?”
Well, the best way is with regular and daily cleaning. Now, you may also use something like Lysol disinfectant wipes, but you need to ensure that they do not contain bleach or ammonia, as these chemicals can damage the seal on these counters.
What to Avoid when Cleaning Stone Countertops
There are a few things which you will want to avoid doing when cleaning quartz countertops, as well as some things you will want to avoid as well.
- Avoid anything abrasive. You definitely don’t want to use a coarse sponge or steel wool on a stone countertop. You will scratch it beyond repair if you do this.
- Avoid using any cleaners with harsh chemicals in them. Particularly, you want to avoid any cleaners with ammonia, phosphates, and bleach.
- Realistically, avoid using any product which is not specifically designed for this exact purpose.
How to Choose Quartz Countertop Cleaners
Let’s quickly go over the main points you need to keep in mind when selecting cleaner for quartz countertops.
- There is honestly not too much to know about choosing the right one. The most important part is that the product in question specifies that it is designed for quartz counters.
- At the very least, you want a product that has the ability to remove stains, grease, and debris.
- pH neutral products are best, but keep in mind that although they are 100% safe, they may not remove hard water deposits.
- If you can find a product that also shines and protects your quartz countertop while cleaning it, you are on the right track. There are 2 in 1 (shine and clean), and 3 in 1 (clean, shine, and protect) products available.
The Best Cleaner for Quartz Countertops
Here we have a selection of the 5 best cleaners for quartz countertops, so let’s take a quick look at each of them right now.
The top best product [hide]
Safe and non-toxic
Clean and polish
Microfiber polishing cloth included
Streak free shine
Glossy layer of protection
pH neutral and eco friendly
Easy 3 in 1 formula
Safe for most stone counters
May leave a slight residue
Simple and quick
No harsh chemicals
Clean, polish, and protect
Very fresh scent
Safe for food areas
Fast and easy to use
Cleaner for Quartz Countertops – FAQ
How to take care of quartz countertops?
Is Windex safe for quartz countertops?
Can I use a dish sponge on quartz countertops?
The bottom line is that you do need to use the right product to clean quartz countertops. The best quartz countertop cleaner is one that can clean, polish, and protect all in one shot. Once again, be very careful to not use anything coarse or any harsh cleaners, or else you will damage that beautiful quartz countertop.