If you have mold and mildew in your shower, it probably looks pretty gross, not to mention that it’s not healthy either. That said, if you have the right product in your arsenal, removing mold and mildew from your shower is not overly difficult. Today we are here to help you find the best mold and mildew cleaner for showers. We’ve answered your most pressing questions, we’ve got a comprehensive buyer’s guide, and we’ve reviewed some of the top options too.
- Effective mold and mildew killer
- Works on soap scum, hard water deposits, and more
- Ideal for all bathroom surfaces
- Extremely powerful
- Very fast acting
- For mold, mildew, grease, dirt, soap scum, and hard water deposits
- Very strong formula
- Works in seconds
- Removes mold, mildew, and stains
- Works fast
- Large quantity
- Cost effective
- Great for light jobs
- Safe and non-toxic
- Smells good
Our Overall #1 Rated Pick
The top pick for the best mold and mildew removers for showers has to go to Tilex Mildew Root Penetrator and Remover with Bleach. Simply put, for a variety of reasons, it is the most effective product for removing mold, mildew, and so much more from showers, bathtubs, and bathrooms in general.
- Tilex Mildew Root Penetrator and Remover with Bleach starts to kill mold and mildew on contact, and totally kills them within minutes.
- Besides killing mold and mildew, this product is also effective at removing grime, grease, dirt, soap scum, and hard water deposits.
- This product is designed to be used on all sorts of bathroom surfaces including acrylic, plastic, porcelain, glass, tile, grout, and more, and can therefore be used for the whole bathroom.
- Tilex Mildew Root Penetrator and Remover with Bleach is a foaming product, which means that it expands after being sprayed, and can therefore remove mold and mildew from hard to reach areas.
- What is also nice is that you get a large quantity of Tilex Mildew Root Penetrator and Remover with Bleach for a decent price, and it comes complete in an easy spray bottle too.
Mold & Mildew Cleaner for Shower – Buying Guide
When buying shower cleaner for mold and shower mildew cleaner, there are a few things that you should look out for. Don’t just go out and buy the first bathroom cleaner for mold that you see. Here are some of the most important purchasing factors to look out for.
- The Strength
First off, you do want to pay attention to how strong the formula in question is. For instance, bleach shower cleaners, as well as ones that use similar chemicals tend to be the strongest and most effective. That being said, there are also naturally based formulas out there. These are much safer, but realistically won’t work as well as chemical based options.
- Eco-friendliness & Safety
Related to the previous point, when buying mildew remover for showers, how eco-friendly and safe the product in question is makes a difference too. Simply put, many chemical mold removers have noxious fumes, they can irritate the skin, and be downright poisonous too. Many require you to wear goggles, gloves, and masks. Of course, naturally based formulas are going to be much safer and better for the environment.
- Working Time
Something else to look out for here is how fast the product in question works. Now, chances are that you have a few minutes to spare, but beware that industrial strength solutions works more or less instantly.
- Ease of Use
When buying mold and mildew cleaner for your shower, something else to look out for is how easy the product in question is to use. The best options will come in simple spray bottles. Moreover, products that expand in size after leaving the bottle are always ideal because they can get into hard to reach areas. Finally, the best products will allow you to simply spray them on, leave them for a minute, and then wipe them off.
- Applicable Surfaces
A very important factor to look out for when buying this kind of thing is what surfaces the product can be applied to. When you are looking for shower mold killer, you should aim for a product that is safe for use on tile, grout, porcelain, plastic, and acrylic at the very least. Never spray a mold killer on a surface which it is not intended to treat, or else you may cause damage.
Although not a deal breaker, mold killer for showers that smells half decent is always nice. Just beware that most options are most likely going to stink of bleach.
How to Clean Mold & Mildew From A Shower
Cleaning mold and mildew from showers is actually quite simple and straightforward.
- Use a towel or sponge and some warm water to wipe away excess dirt from the area.
- Spray the area using your mold and mildew killer of choice.
- Let the product soak for as long as indicated on the label.
- Use a cloth, paper towel, or any other such item to wipe the area down.
- You may also then need to rinse the area with warm water.
What Kills Mold & Mildew in Shower
The reason why so many mold and mildew killing products contain bleach is simply because bleach tends to be the fastest and most effective mold killer around. Something else that has the power to kill mold is distilled vinegar, although less so than bleach. Hydrogen peroxide will also work on many types of mold, as will baking soda (to a certain extent).
The Best Mold and Mildew Cleaner for Showers
The top best product [hide]
This particular formula includes the power of OxiClean, and yes, the formula does have the power to kill mold and mildew with ease. A big benefit is that this product does not require any scrubbing. Simply spray it on, leave it for a few minutes, and then wipe it off.
The strong formula, which contains bleach and other similar substances not only kills mold and mildew, and gets rid of stains, but also has the power to cut through hard water deposits, soap scum, and all kinds of dirt and grime in between. It’s worth noting that this formula is so strong that it works in mere seconds.
Mold & Mildew Cleaner for Shower – FAQ
Why do mold and mildew grow in showers?
How to prevent mold and mildew in showers?
How do I remove mold and mildew from my shower without harsh chemicals?
The bottom line is that you definitely should not let mold and mildew continue to grow in your shower, for obvious health concerns more than anything else. With the right mold and mildew cleaner for showers, you can remove that nasty stuff and get back to bathing in comfort. Just be sure to keep all of the purchasing considerations in mind before making a final choice.